Introduction to Film Studies Online
Rok školní docházky / Grade:
8 - 13
University of Nebraska High School
This online course will introduce students to the world of cinema and film. The course will define film as an art, explain how films tells stories, discuss the mechanics of making an effective film, summarize the different genres of film, and discuss how films have changed over the years. The course is an appreciation course and requires no previous background in theater or drama.
Study Scope and Sequence
Unit 1: The Essence of Film
Unit 2: Films as Stories
Unit 3: The Mechanics of Film
Unit 4: Auteurship and Genre
Unit 5: The Changing Landscape of Film
There are more specific objectives listed individually in each lesson, but the ultimate goal is that, by the end of the course, you will know and use these facts, concepts, principles, theories, and models to gain a better grasp on the following and be able to:
1. Describe the ways in which film differs from other arts.
2. Explain what is meant by analyzing film.
3. Summarize the early history of film as an art form.
4. Identify the theme in a film and place films into appropriate categories of primary concern.
5. Discuss the importance of characters in films and identify different kinds of characters. Course Introduction
6. Examine plots, motifs, leitmotifs, allegories, symbols, metaphors, and irony in films.
7. Evaluate films as stories.
8. Appreciate different cinematographic techniques.
9. Understand the importance of editing in a film.
10. Explore the impact of music on a film.
11. Contrast stage acting with film acting and note the different types of actors.
12. Compare the styles of well-known directors such as Alfred Hitchcock and David Lynch.
13. Explain the importance of genre films and note the conventions of genre.
14. Recognize basic genres of films.
15. Comprehend the significance of remakes, sequels, and franchises to the film industry.
16. Trace the development of censorship and regulation of the film industry, noting its impact on the art of film.
K vašemu kurzu potřebujete tyto učebnice a studijní pomůcky (pokud ke kurzu potřebujete laboratorní sadu, zkuste si nejdříve dohodnout možnost využívání školní laboratoře):
|The Art of Watching Films, 8th Edition||ISBN: 9780073386171||Book||NOT included in the price of the course|
cena kurzu: 11 480,- Kč / 471,- EUR